When it comes time to install their baby’s car seat, parents have a lot of questions. “Can I install an infant car seat without a base?” is one of the most often asked questions. Yes, you can install the car seat without the base, and it is just as safe as when it is installed with the base. You’ll find instructions for installing an infant car seat without the base, below.
Checklist for the Installation of a Baseless Car
Also, You’ve gone through the installation process and are now ready for your first road trip with a newborn. Here are a few last-minute ideas to help you install a baseless car seat comfortably.
- Have your baby strapped in and ready to go in the car seat. Remember that the same regulations apply as in your own car. So make sure your child is correctly buckled up with no poufy coats or potentially dangerous car seat add-ons. Moreover, their chest clip should be fastened around their armpit.
- Are you taking a taxi? Instruct the driver to start the meter while you are installing. This will lessen some of the “rushed” feelings and allow you to concentrate only on the installation without causing the driver to become frustrated.
- Follow the above-mentioned installation instructions.
- Before closing the car door, make sure the seat is snug (no more than one inch of wiggle in any direction), level (see your car seat handbook to see what the visual on the car seat should look like), and the seat belt is latched.
- Never close the door until the car seat is completely placed. This tells the driver that you’re ready to go!
Installing a Car Seat in Uber Without a Base
Let’s take a step-by-step look at installing a baseless car seat.
- Always place your rear-facing car seat in the back vehicle seat, never in the front seat near an airbag.
- Unbuckle the seat belt and feed the lap portion through the lap belt guides on the automobile seat.
- Insert the shoulder belt component, ensuring sure it lies flat. (If your vehicle seat has a European belt route, pull the shoulder belt behind it and secure it in that belt path.)
- If your car seat has one, check the level indicator.
- Fasten the safety belt.
Pull the shoulder belt down to engage the locking mechanism
Click here for more informative articles